We’re thrilled to announce a new weekly series: SciStarter LIVE During these informal events, we’re going LIVE while we work through a citizen science project. You’ll have opportunities to hear from project leaders, get your questions answered, hang out with the SciStarter team and more. Just join us on Zoom or watch the live stream on SciStarter’s Facebook page. If you register, we will email you a link to the recording.
Tune in every Tuesday from 2-3pm Eastern!
Preparing for the event
You don’t have to prepare anything to attend a SciStarter LIVE event, just come as you are! But to make the most of your experience, we recommend signing up and logging in to your SciStarter account.
Just getting started? Watch our two-minute video on How to make a SciStarter account:
We also recommend trying out the project(s) that will be featured that week. That way, if you run into any snags, need any help or just have fun questions for the project leaders in attendance, you’ll be ready! You’ll find details about the featured projects once we’re closer to the event.
Upcoming SciStarter LIVE dates
- May 30, 2023: Do Science at Your Next Picnic (feat. Ant Picnic) Keep the Memorial Day festivities going! Magdalena Sorger, entomologist and ant-lover, will teach us about Ant Picnic, and how you can create a picnic for ants to help scientists discover food preferences of these mighty little insects.
- Check back soon for details on additional events! Events are subject to change. Share event topic ideas by sending an email to info@SciStarter.org.
Watch past SciStarter LIVE events on YouTube
Didn’t make it to the main event? That’s okay, you can find recordings of each of our past SciStarter LIVE events on our SciStarter YouTube channel.
- SciStarter LIVE from C*Sci 2023!
- Encore: How Answering Surveys and Playing Games Advances Mental Health Research
- Mom’s Choice!
- Citizen Science Month Outcomes from Stall Catchers
- “Who’s That Migrating Through My Yard?” with Journey North
- Special episode: Celebrate Citizen Science Month with the Girl Scout Tree Promise!
- Embark on a Quest to Collect Nature Sightings with QuestaGame
- One in a Million: How to Join All of Us to Improve Health for Everyone!
- Introduction to Do NASA Science LIVE! A virtual event series from SciStarter.
- Frogs and snakes and turtles, oh my!
- Get ready for Citizen Science Month!
- Track spring’s arrival to your own backyard with Budburst
- Citizen Science for Girl Scouts
- SciStarter.org Resources for Everyone – Whether You’re New to Citizen Science or a Veteran Contributor
- Platforms and Resources for Citizen Science Project Leaders
- Discover if The Stars Are Aligned for Your Valentine’s Date Night
- Prepare for the Super Bowl with the Science Cheerleaders!
- I Spy for Conservation: Help Identify Wildlife in Online Images!
- Play in the snow..and report snow depth for science!
- Learn Why You Should Report Squirrels You Spot — for Science!
- Honor the Memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Using Your Day Off to Help Your Community (featuring Project Sidewalk)
- Get to know Roland and Trevor from SciStarter LIVE!
- How Satellites Track Santa (and Do Science) – featuring GLOBE Observer: Clouds
- Stall Catchers: The #1 Project on SciStarter in 2022
- Get ready for the 123rd annual Christmas Bird Count!
- The Essential 2022 Citizen Science Gift Guide
- Citizen Science “بالعربي” (in Arabic)!
- From Marine Debris to Art: Celebrate America Recycles Day with SciStarter
- Results are in from the Great North American Fungi Quest!
- Hop online and help Australia ID kangaroos, koalas and biodiversity in pictures!
- Why and How to Report Roadkill
- Become a Data-Literate Citizen Scientist!
- How Answering Surveys and Playing Games Advances Mental Health Research
- Trees Please! Help the Girl Scouts and NASA/GLOBE Protect the Planet
- Learn How to Observe the Moon with NASA
- Teaching in Higher Education with Citizen Science and Budburst
- Solving Puzzles for Medicine with Eterna!
- I’m a Math Teacher Dabbling in Kitchen Science featuring Sourdough for Science
- Observing Monarch Butterflies, for Science! featuring Journey North
- How To Do Citizen Science With Your Dog featuring C-BARQ